Summary of Question: Why would a loving God send people who never heard of Jesus to hell?
Full Question: So what about the billions of people on this earth past and present who never heard of Jesus, who have never been exposed to his word? Are they not condemned to hell according to your narrow interpretation? How do you reconcile that with a loving god?
Comments & Answers:
- Comments on the question?
- This is not one question, but is rather several issues.
- Nor is it an informed question according to its inclusion of "his word."
- This is a straw man statement (a setup based an false assumptions).
- To ask the question one must be seeking an answer or an argument.
- If only an argument is desired don't look at the answers.
- We are not called to judgement on the living or the dead.
- The Questions
- Who is Jesus?
- What is His Word?
- Can His Word really be trusted?
- Who is condemned to hell?
- Will our interpretations will sent someone to hell?
- How can people know God's will?
- How can I know a loving God, without personal condemnation?
- Restated as a single honest heartfelt question, It might go like:
I want to know if God loves me, because I believe He has condemned me. Can you tell me about the true God?
- Unstated False Assumptions
- God is not Just.
- God is a liar.
- Jesus is an unjust God.
- People go to hell because of "our" narror interpretations.
- True foundational assumptions (part of the answer)
- God makes the rules for His creation.
- God is just and God is love.
- God Word is evident in more then one way.
- God has used several ways to communicate His will:
- His Creation (Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-- his eternal power and divine nature-- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. )
- His Prophets.
- His Word, Adam and other Godly men, the Old Testament, the New Testament.
- His only begotten Son, the Christ, Jesus.
- Our need for someone bigger than ourselves.
- Our conscience before it is hardened.
- We can have Hope for a perfect future with God.
- We are without any hope if we reject God's communication to us.
- The honest Answers to the honest Question
- God indeed does love you and all His Creation through Adam.
- God hates Sin and it has no place with Him.
- God dwells in Heaven.
- Hell is reserved for Fallen angels and those rejecting His Love.
- God is Just and condemns all who choose Sin over His Love.
- God has made His presence known to all people through His Creation (Romans 1:20, Genesis).
- All who seek God will find Him and have always been able to.
- God has confirmed His Love and Justice in His Son Jesus who has already paid the penalty for our sin Himself.
- Jesus has confirmed His Love for us by His continued promise to sent the Comforter to all who believe in what He did for us.
- Walk through the only door and see God's Love or stay outside where all are already condemned in Sin.
- Easy choice, but it's hard to be humble.
Supported by: The ARK Foundation of Dayton, Inc. a non profit organization since June 1995,
We support true science and Biblical religion.
email: ARKY Editor
This site is scanned for viruses daily. This document was last modified
9:13 PM 1/17/2000