Refuting Evolution by Jonathan Sarfati, Ph.D.
(A response to the National Academy of Sciences’ Teaching About
Evolution and the nature of Science
Chapter 1: Evolution & Creation, Science & Religion, Facts
Chapter 2: Variation and natural Selection versus Evolution
- This chapter contrasts the evolution and creation models, and
refutes faulty understandings of both.
- ta calls all change in organisms "evolution."
- the real difference is the type of change. A key difference
between the two models is whether observed changes are the type to turn
particles into people.
- This "Differential reproduction" is called natural
- In summary, evolutionists believe that the source of new genetic
information is mutations by natural selection -- the neo-Darwinian
- Nature of genes
- father and mother have 100,000 genes
- 67 pairs (6.7% heterozygosity) is 6,700 loci to define differences
- this is 2 to the 6700 power or 10 to the 2017 power
- number of atoms in universe is only 10 to the 80th.
- information theory says to expect design big time.
Deterioration from perfection
- Once perfect creation
- death and deterioration came into the world because of sin
- all scientists interpret facts according to their assumptions.
- imperfect structures should be interpreted as a deterioration of once-perfect structures based on known laws of science
- origin of information is the issue.
Adaptation and natural selection
- adapation weeds out genetic information
- Blyth regards it as a conservation process that
would remove defective organisms, thus conserving the health of the population as a whole.
- only if there are real hypothetical information
gaining mutations could natural selection be creative.
- survival suits those adapted to their environment
- the adapted are now more specialized than their ancestors
- but no new genes added
- genes are lost
- future generations are less able to adapt.
- always lose half of genetic potential in each offspring
- small, isolated population can lose by random sampling, called genetic drift
- if isolated in the extreme the losses are called the founder effect
- Worldwide flood killed all but Noah’s nephesh animals
- This is a "Founder effect"
Contrasting the models
- evolutionary tree
- alleged creationist "lawn"
- true creationist "orchard"
The alleged evidence for evolutioin in action
- antibiotic and pesticide resistance - all preexisted
- origin not explained
- Chrysoperla carnea
I and Chrysoperla downesi separated from a commonancestor
- only an evolutionary intergretation is used, but not the only one
- no addition of information, origin not explained
- variation, no new information
- rapid speciation (200 years) is good news evidence
for the biblical creation model
Breeding versus Evolution
- breeders select from preexisting genes and
sort out information
- the breeds are specialized with less information
- usually still interfertile
Darwin versus a faulty creation model
- Darwin had incomplete information on which to base
- hat information is now available
- examples also support creation-flood model
- Darwin actually answered questions for creation
Chapter 3: The Links Are Missing
... For more information, Email arkFoundation@ARKY.org